Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tourist Season Page 141- Jake

I love it!!! This has been a complete 180 degree turn from the last book. Being born and raised in a tourist town, I can easily relate to the relationship developing with the locals and the tourists, not to the extent that our Nachos de Deciembre feel. Keyes on the other hand is a character that I am fully behind. I appreciate the way that Hiaasen has slowly and craftily developed each character, giving you enough relevant information and loosely weaving each of them together. I must admit that I have laughed out loud several times and I am especially tickled by the Darmouth educated bomber, who can't seem to get his timing down. WTF? I am also finding the boggling of the case by the Miami PD true to form. Not that I have much experience with the Miami PD, it just seems fitting.
I am not so sure that Matt is correct on the topic of Jenna, I think she may just be torn between two lovers and is trying to end up on the winning side. I understand that she makes a very sexy nurse.
I have read many Carl Hiaasen novels and I have enjoyed them all very much, but what I remember the most is how he manages to pair dissimilar criminals and force them to work together. I enjoyed the last interaction between Wilson and Jesus on the way to apply for the security detail for the parade. I can see the destruction of this duo in the near future.
For now, one page at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment